Friday, January 3, 2014

Week 7

This week has seen the return of a familiar phenomenon: hunger-inducing fatigue. This kind of fatigue is different than sleep-inducing fatigue, because it leads me in a different direction. Instead of gravitating towards my bed, I gravitate towards chocolate chips and cupcakes...must...resist...

Seriously, though, I do have to avoid continual snacking. My meals are sufficiently high in calories and all the other good stuff (protein, especially) that I don't need to be adding calories in between meals. After dinner is probably the most difficult time. Celebratory the-kids-fell-asleep-without-screaming-bowl of ice cream? I'm in!

But, as I did in my last pregnancy, I'm trying to keep my weight gain to a reasonable level. I am very hopeful that baby's weight will also be less than 10 lbs at birth, since macrosomia and babies that are large for gestational age (LGA) always raise red flags for doctors. They start pushing for induction and c-section much sooner when ultrasounds start to make the baby look big. I don't worry about it excessively, but it makes them tense, and I'd hate to do that to anyone. :) None of my babies have ever been close to small (8 lbs 2 oz, 9 lbs 8 oz, and 8 lbs 5 oz), so I don't expect that a little bit of deprivation will do any damage to either of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment