Sunday, June 10, 2012

Week 39: The End is Near

Yup, still here. No baby. Doesn't come as a surprise to me, even if it is a little disappointing, since my first two were both late (one spontaneous labor at 41 weeks and the other induced two days late).

I had a burst of energy this week, which came as an unexpected gift as we count down to baby Statesman's birth. It was followed by a crazy and tiring weekend, with a few bouts of false labor, but alas, I'm still here to tell about it.

I visited the doctors on Friday. NST was fine, blood pressure was down to 120ish/78 or 84, depending on which office's measurement you like, and amniotic fluid was up to a more normal level. I was 2cm dilated, 80% effaced, and baby is at zero station (first cervical check, so I'm not sure where things stood before now). I was 4cm dilated and 90% effaced before labor began with my first son, and I was 5cm dilated and 90% effaced before labor began with my second, so I'm not surprised at this news. I think some women just tend to dilate before labor begins.

Lows are increasing, both in severity and frequency. I've been gradually easing up on insulin levels (mostly bolus ratios), but don't seem to be doing so fast enough. My OB seems to think this may be an indication for induction, or at least an indication that the pregnancy is coming to an end.

My doctor has my due date as June 10, which means he's itching to induce this week. I was hoping to delay until June 18, but because my OB is really the only doctor that has trusted me this whole pregnancy, I'm not terribly anxious to get on the wrong side of him. He's agreed to June 14th. So our baby gets "tenth Thursday in Ordinary Time" for his birthday. :) Oh, well. If they schedule my induction late or things take a long time, he may be able to postpone his arrival until the Feast of the Sacred Heart of Jesus (June 15).

June 14th it is, unless something unexpected happens before then. I'll keep you posted, and I'll try to pester Jenn to write about her birth before then (hint, hint, in case you even still read this blog, my friend. :)


1 comment:

  1. Hi,

    I was wondering if you accepted any guest posting on your site. I couldn’t manage to find your email on the site. If you could get a hold of me at jeff@drugwatch.com, I would greatly appreciate it!

    Thanks,
    -Jeff

    ReplyDelete