Friday, April 20, 2012

Week 32: What I've Done This Week

Here is a photo essay describing my week.

When I learned that the Statesman was breech, I decided to try out some techniques that I've heard a lot about (from www.spinningbabies.net).

I start out my exercise session with:

The forward-leaning inversion for 30 seconds. Sadly, I do not have any rockin' tattoos.

Then, I proceed to the relatively safe, always-recommended-for-pregnant-women,

ANGRY CAT
This looks alarmingly like my cat, except that my cat never gets mad. Ever. Even when I catch my children throwing sticks at him.

Also known as

The pelvic tilt, 20-40 times. Which makes me feel the opposite of how I imagine an angry cat might feel.
In other words, it feels awesome and you should try it

Then, I proceed to

I didn't do this one on the stairs, because I think I read something about falling down the stairs being bad for your baby.
No judgment here.

 The breech tilt, which I did lying on an ironing board with one end propped up on the couch. Except I didn't smile like the Cheshire Cat, and instead I had something like the following expression on my face:

That's a pretty rockin' grimace, eh?

In truth, I only did the breech tilt once, and getting up from it by myself was mightily difficult, so I decided to forego it and see if I could get the Statesman flipped around without it. I substituted this exercise

The psoas release, for 5 minutes.
Dang, it's a good thing I looked this one up again, because I was totally doing it wrong.

 After my exercises, I make sure I'm going to be up and moving on my feet for about 15 minutes.

After about three days, by the time Tuesday night rolled around, the exercises had been so effective that I not only knew his head was down, owing to the fact that his hiccups were really, really low. But his head also seemed almost fully engaged! Towards the end of the day, I had a whole bunch of weak, irregular Braxton-Hicks from the pressure of the baby's head, and

I found myself needing to empty my bladder about as frequently as a toddler (a serious increase in frequency from before). Not that I would know how frequently a toddler needs to empty his bladder, because the Pious One won't tell me when he needs to...

In any case, I'm going to keep these exercises in my repertoire even though they've already done their job. They are so good, so good you see (Green Eggs and Ham reference, anyone? I read a lot of kids' books these day).


No comments:

Post a Comment