Thursday, November 24, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving!

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!

This year, I am grateful for my own health and that of my children. I will be celebrating with my gigantic extended family (40 people...and those are only the local relatives!). I will be making stuffed mushrooms for the first time. I will probably try to avoid watching football, but may get sucked in anyway. I will try to put a larger portion turkey on my plate and a smaller helping of mashed potatoes. I will remember that everything that I have is from God, and holidays are no excuse to stop playing by the rules (particularly the ones about temperance. You know, the ones that tell you it really is unreasonable to have three slices of pie). I will do my best to teach my children about gratitude and to keep them from a love of material possessions, and maybe we'll all sing a song of thanks to our gracious Lord.

Thanks be to God!

No comments:

Post a Comment