Thursday, August 4, 2011

Partial Resolution to Insurance Crisis

A couple weeks ago, I wrote about our insurance crisis. I guess I should say "crisis" with my tongue in my cheek, since compared to what these brothers and sisters deal with on a regular basis, it's a luxury.

After a few meetings with deans and other administrative personnel at the university where my husband is pursuing his PhD, the school has graciously extended student coverage to dependents for another 6 months. That means I will have group coverage until about February.

As things currently stand, it only pushes the problem back for a few more months, but it does give us some room to breathe. It's a resolution, if only partial. The good news is that the university was very sensitive to our situation, and giving us coverage for another 6 months gives my husband and I time to figure out where we'll collect the extra $10,000 for the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment