Tuesday, May 18, 2010

It's a happy day

The sun is mingled with clouds today and life feels good. I woke up at 4:30 this morning to a blood sugar of 458.

My son has been sick for 3 days, my daughter got the same fever yesterday and is now sick too. Dear husband hasn't been home for dinner or in the evening for 7 days. I was exhausted when I went to bed last night and forgot to "un"-suspend my pump. And then I woke up and felt like I'd been hit by a bus and the wind was knocked out of me at 4am.

Kids make it harder to control my diabetes. I forget to take care of myself sometimes because I'm always taking care of everyone else. Are they worth it...100%. Have I got a lot to figure out over the coming years as their schedules get even busier? Yep. Is it a beautiful day...absolutely. :) Diabetes stinks sometimes. But, then again, it's part of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment